Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekends almost over. Bummer.


These past two days have been pretty nice.


Yesterday:


Haircut: To put it in a nutshell, I got a thirty five dollar haircut, to fix the eight dollar haircuts I've been getting for the past year. Let me just say that my hair is happy once again, and I think I'll have good hair days for quite a while. And after my layers grow out I just might get a new look for Governor's School!


TN Tech for costume fitting: Who knew that I was only supposed to be there for 20 minutes? Go figure. Instead of getting a complete fitting, they just gave us a paper saying what type of costumes we needed to get. Lovely. But, Elizabeth was going to be there until four when she would get her headshot, so Mom let me chill with her the afternoon. Score! We helped out and did little odd jobs(more like she, I just talked and made people laugh). Than we drove over to Sonic. That was fun. We talked about things we wanted to do before she left. And we talked about music, and how 90's grundge is NOT emo music, and how I've always liked it, without knowing it. Go figure. I got a pineapple-strawberry-limeade cooler. Which I made her say five times before she ordered it. That was entertaining. She got a chicken dinner. I made fun of her because getting a "chicken dinner" at a fast food joint means that she's lived in TN too long. Which is why I guess she's leaving. LOL Then we drove back to TNN Tech and chilled with other theatre people until they had their headshots, then I had to leave for the Luke 14 banquet. Overall a great afternoon. Gotta Love best friends! :D


Luke 14 banquet: The Luke 14 banquet is something my church does yearly for children with special needs. Since they probably don't get to go out and do things like this often, we throw a huge carnival-like thing with animals, a dunking booth, and tons of games. And food. That's where my Mom comes in; she's was in charge of getting and cooking all of the food for that evening. Dad and Andrew were handling the snakes and letting the guests pet them. Then Dad had to go to work and Andrew went off to chill with his friends. Thanks Andrew. And that's where I came in the picture. I arrived JUST in time for Dad to leave for work and for him to leave me with the snakes. Which I had to handle. By myself. I don't handle the snake by myself. So my Mom sent down this guy named Logan, who is in the military, which apparently means that he can handle snakes. As long as I didn't have to hold the snakes for two hours, I would of delt with anyone for all I cared! It ended up going really well. He handled the snakes, and when someone came up to the booth, I told them about the snakes and talked to them. They were so sweet. Not a lot of people realize that kids and adults with special needs have personalities, and are not vegetables. And they make you smile. Well, they made me smile the whole night. By the end of the carnival, Andrew had one me a dolphin necklace, Mom had cooked 100 pounds of baked beans(or more!) and I had watched kids squeal about touching a snake. It was fun. And as a little perk, our booth was right next to the peacock cage! Win. And right before we left, I got to pet these giant Norweigan water dogs, who were bigger than Saint Bernards. I think I want one now :)

Overall I throughly enjoyed my Saturday.

And today:

Church: We got to sing "Thou Oh Lord" again as our special, which BTW is my favorite special! I love singing the A at the end. And listening to all of the seperate parts perfectly merging together, and watching people standing up and applauding at how moving the song was. Because it is. It was great. And I got to do it in two services! Score!

And now I'm studying for a greek test(which I was supposed to have on Friday, but G didn't finish making the test. Thanks) and a government test(which apparently we weren't ready for according to Mr. Bradley. Go bureaucracy! UGH...). And I just finished studying physical science with Mom. Am I the only one who thinks it isn't fair to "teach" two chapters in five days? I think yes. And we have a test on it on Tuesday, which will be almost impossible to study for because I have rehearsal and music lessons Monday night. And if I "whine" in their words to the teacher? They'll say I need to learn to find out what I "really" want to do with my time and learn time management. They just don't get it, do they? UGH.

I better get back to studying. I just thought I'd make up for my short entries with this big one. Nice, right? LOL

Oh and one more thing: Where do I want to be right now instead of the "Katie Cave"?(which I have deemed my room.) Outside! It's beautiful outside, it's seventy degrees, and here I am, in the semi dark, studying. You know how The Mad Hatter does that dance at the end of the movie when they kill the Jabberwocky? I will do that dance at the end of the school year. I promise.
Caption for pic: I want to be where that kid is. He looks so happy. And the beach. Ohhh how I would love to be at the beach. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment