Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday, hump day, get this week over with day!!

Today has been alright. Though it started out terribly. Just to wrap it in one sentence, all I have to say is Thank you, Mr. Bradley, for further emphasizing the fact that yes: I am sick, and yes: I am having constant uncontrolable coughing fits, and pointing it out in the middle of a test does not help my stress level, it will just make the situation worse! So that was my morning. Thank goodness I have a kind and way too gracious mother(who I don't deserve BTW) who came to pick me up in second period, and went out of her way on her busiest day of the week to take me to the doctor! So thanks to her, I have a prescription, and will hopefully recover soon. Hopefully. Though the fact that the stale air in the school is filled with student's germs, the smell of drugs and secondhand smoke, and the smell of the boy's bathroom(which is probably the worst of the three.) my recovery will probably not occur anytime soon. Great.
Seeing as my grades are slowly spiraling downward, and I'm just trying to pass my classes, my Mom took my laptop away "indefinitely". Thanks Mom. So I'm sneaking around on the other three computers in the house, which is not easy when your family always knows where you are. It's even harder to blog, when you do NOT want your family to see what you're writing! So to my dismay, my blog entries will be few until the end of the school year. Sadness.
Though it's probably a good thing, seeing as my schedule is almost borderline ridiculous at the moment. Here's what's coming up in the(very near) future:
Ensemble Concert: This Saturday. I will be playing violin and saxophone, and will be singing Susan Boyle's version of "I dreamed a dream". This will be good.
Piano Recital: Next day. Who knew it was this soon? Now I'm frantically practicing every chance I get, because I'm not prepared. Yet.
Spring Choir Concert: Next Thursday. We'll do fine, as always. I'll have fun, as always. I'll just be miserable in choir everyday leading up to it, because everyone will be cranky, and Mrs. Bowen likes to take her frustration out on me. Who knew I was such an easy target? Not me apparently.
State Choir Competition: Next Friday. As in, the day after the concert! It doesn't help that we have to be ready to leave at seven a.m. And we're not ready, because we've been using all of our energy on the concert. Personally I think State is just as important, but that's just a sophmore's opinion, so it doesn't matter. hah.
Music Man: May 7. Is it really that close?! I feel like we just started! This is probably the one activity I'm enjoying the most. Even though I have rehearsal every night, I immensely enjoy it. I particulary enjoy this show because it is the first show that I dance more than I sing! And boy do I dance. It's going to be amazing, I can guarantee it.
Government Test: May 1. I think. I don't know. I'm DREADING it. I'd rather jump out of the window than take this test. Why oh why did I sign up for AP? Oh wait, I didn't. Mr. Bradley signed me up for it. He keeps telling me that I'm doing alright, but it's all a lie! I'm drowing, drowing I tell you! I hate that class. Now, there are times when the class is alright, but I was not, and am still not ready for college courses! But I have to do it. I have no choice. I've already signed the paperwork, and filled in all the bubbles! Maybe I'll faint. Will fainting get me out of the 4 FRQ's that I have to do in 100 minutes?(That's write four papers in response to four questions in 100 minutes BTW.) I can't faint anyway, I've never been good at it. Maybe I'll just walk out of the classroom. No. I'm not that brave. I wish I was! But I would feel bad about it anyway. My Mom didn't pay 86 dollars for me to fail, did she? Though she and I both know that the prospect of me getting those 3 hours of college credit are very low. I can talk and talk all that I want, but it's not going to change the fact that I still have to take the test. So I'll go fourth *raises sword* and conquer! *drops heavy sword and falls into ravine* See how I feel?
Tap recital: Week after school's out. I'm pretty excited about this. My first dance recital! And I'm tapping! I've always wanted to tap. This will be fun. I just need to get to class more often. *sigh* Why do my activities have to overlap?
Governor's School: June 3rd! Ahh I'm so excited! It's going to be great. Though I have to get over these mountians before I can get to this victory lap. It'll all be worth it in the end :)
So that's what is in my near future. Whoot. Though what's even closer is my physical science test tomorrow.....which I better go study for. Which means I better go. Now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment