Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm going to cry tomorrow night.

It's the last week. Of Governor's school.
I'm sad.
I'M GOING TO MISS THIS PLACE SO MUCH!
I'm going to miss:
The teachers
My friends
My dorm
My roommate
The classes
The overall atmosphere
Walking everywhere I go
Always singing
Getting to focus on my passion.
Yeah. I'm getting pretty depressed now.
It's gone by so stinkin' fast!
But alas, it is going to end.
My friends will go their separate places.
My teachers will be relieved to see us go.
MTSU will cheer for the absence of high school kids.
Yep, we'll be gone like that.
Or maybe not.
Maybe my friends will stay connected for many years.
My teachers will miss us.
MTSU will miss the laughter and constant joy of kids doing what they love most.
And we'll always remember this experience.
But that hasn't happened.
Snap out of it Katie Jo, you're not leaving until Friday!
And I'm not leaving without making my mark!
I want people to remember me as the girl with a dream.
I want.....people to love and respect me.
I want adults to understand me!
I want my teachers to understand my raw passion for singing.
I want my friends to love me for the crazy, over bubbly person I am!
I hope they do. I hope they will.
Once again, I need to snap out of it!
I have an opera to perform tomorrow night!
An opera that I've poored my heart into.
Why don't people have the same kind of drive and passion that I do?
They just don't understand.
And I wish my teachers would understand that I'm not trying to be a suckup of teacher's pet, I just long for them to take me under their wing and guide and teach me! I wish they would understand.(or at least tell me they did)
It's frustrating.
And it's frustrating that saying all of this makes people think that I'm a diva, or a drama queen.
DON'T YOU ALL FEEL THIS WAY WHEN YOU HAVE A PASSION AND LOVE FOR SOMETHING?
I think so.
So now you understand me.
And tomorrow night, I'm going to show the entire Governor's School student body how I really feel....
through high g's and Bb's!
I'm excited.
I just hope everything goes well!
I really want to do well.
I want everyone else to do well also!
I'm not that selfish.
Now I know I'm rambling.
I tend to do that because I try to pour out my feelings about singing to my friends, and they just tell me to shut up.
You can't tell me to shut up! :D
Ok you can. I just won't listen. ;)
ANWAYS:::
Here's what my *sniff* last week at Governor's School looks like:
Opera Finale tomorrow night, a ton of rehearsal's for Beethoven's Choral Fantasy(which we perform on Thursday) and than home.
Yeah, not much.
So now I'm back to the beginning of this huge circle I started.
I'm really sad.
Gotta love how that happens, right?
I better get off now, it's 11:30, and if I write any later I might try to figure out the answer of the meaning of life.(which is God of course, but I think you know what I mean. I get really deep and philosophical at night.)
Oh, before I go I have one more thing to tell you!
Tonight after the piano recital we had to go to(meh) all of the choir kids went to the jazz room and watched a movie. On kid popped popcorn, we all brought blankets and pillows, and watched the Prestige. It was one of those little moments that I treasure the most.
Just thought I'd share that :)
Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment