Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whoo Summer. So what? Governor's School is over :*(

So...it's been three weeks to the day since we performed the opera. Can I just say that that was one of the best nights of my life? Definitely in my top five. It was magical. I felt so accomplished, I felt like I really was talented and that I had a future, and I felt this immense love that was smothering the room. Those three together make the best feeling in the world. You'd be crazy to think that I don't miss it! Sure, there will "be other opportunities", but not like this one! Sure, they'll be memorable, but this group? We were special. We were a family. And I miss that.
But anyways, whether I like or not, I'm home. And I've had a busy few weeks.
Two weeks ago: Cousins yearly visit! They're so different from me. Not in a bad way of course! They're just not insanely artsy like me. But not everyone is, so that's OK. AND they LOVE/play soccer. Which I do not. At all. If anything, I don't like soccer. But we're cousins, so it's all good :) The two highlights of their visit: Our yearly trip to see Grandpa! He's 97, and has a lot of health problems, so we only get to see him once a year :( I hate that, because I feel like I could form a really close relationship with him if I saw him more. And when I write him, my aunt is always the one who writes back. So I rarely get to really have a conversation with him. UGH! But I still love him :) Our visit this year went really well, we went to his apartment, talked for a little while, then went to Golden Corral to get the senior discount and eat all the food we wanted. We ate, went back to his apartment, and left. Same as we do every year. But it was fun! And I(reluctantly) sang in front of everyone.
I'm weird. I have a thing about singing in front of family. Not if they're in the audience or anything, just when it's only them Don't ask me why, I know it's weird..
Anyways!
Overall it was a great visit :)
Now for my second highlight of the cousin's visit: Gun shooting!
Ok, technically Abbie and Amy rode horses, while I shot guns with the men. I don't ride horses, I don't know why, so I don't know. Back to the guns. That was the first time I shot a gun. It's important to know how to shoot a gun, so that you're not clueless if you're in some sort of trouble and you have to use one. To put it in a nutshell I killed a lot of leaves!! The leaves weren't the target BTW. Basically I sucked at aiming. But I can pull the trigger! Guns are loud. I don't know where I'm going with this, but it was a fun morning.
And last week was my big Lousianna trip! I love Louisianna :)
Here's what I did(sorry if my vocabulary is slowly shrinking, I'm very sleepy.)
Tuesday: Fishing day! We fished out in the bayous from 6 am until 2 pm! We almost died from the heat. Andrew and Uncle Matt are such intense fishers that you have to beg them(mostly Uncle Matt, even Andrew fades after noon) to leave! But it was a ton of fun. And I caught a fish! haha
Wednesday: Plantation day! We went to Oak Alley Plantation and Laura Plantation on River Road between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Just in case you ever want to go :) It was amazing! They were simply beautiful. Oak Alley is gorgeous. They have 28 300 year old Live Oak trees, which are lined up along this walkway leading to the plantation. It's incredible.
Thursday: We left and drove to New Orleans that night. I love New Orleans, I love the history and culture. We at beignets at Cafe Du Mone, and walked around for about an hour before we left.
Friday: We woke up in Gulf Shores Alabama, and walked on the beach! I swam in the beach even though they advised for us not to get in the water. Though, there was no oil on the beach at all! Go figure. Overall we had a great time :)
Saturday: Home!
And now it's Tuesday, and tomorrow I'm going to this big leadership conference thingy with the family. Busy day!
Though I'd rather be singing and learning in class at Governor's School. I needed that kind of enviroment! I need the encouragement and the feeling of mutual understanding I got there! I have none of that at home....
But I can't let that keep me depressed!(even though it still is, and probably will for a long time.) So tomorrow will be fun, and hopefully I won't regret not going to be early!(since I have to be up at 4 am, Lovely.)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment