Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012, you re blowing my mind.

Well, it's leap day! I still can't believe we are this far into the year. I always say this when I blog, because I procratinate and never get around to writing. But once again, my life is crazy full. Let's start with my auditions!
Belmont: five hour road trip with dad, sonic banana milkshakes, 8:00 registration, 10:45 musicality exam, 12:20 audition, lascia chio panga, last rose of summer, Dr. Moore recognized me, portrayed my songs well, got home after five hours of driving and countless games of bejeweled and majong. Good experience. I've been accepted to the school and music program, but I havent recieved any scholarships yet.
Dollywood:10:00 registration, waited for Mrs. Littleton in the Backstage Cafe, got called into last group, taylor the latte boy, used every ounce of flirtation and personality I had in me, got called back, died of shock, text everyone I knew, dance audition in pines theatre for hour, final audition in celebrity theatre in front of everyone, Taylor the latte boy again, sight read of somewhere over the rainbow and why do fools fall in love, acted out a shel Silverstein poem, and got the heck out of there at 10:00 pm. Longest day ever, so worth it. I will find out by phone call or letter if I have been hired or not. Will I get to fulfill my drem this year?
Carson Newman: 9:00 registration, 5 minutes in the practice room, 10 minutes reviewing music with super lovely accompanist, last rose of summer, lascia chio panga, and solveg's song, sweet judges, ate lunch with super nice slightly awkward musicmajors, spent rest of the day t home alone. Moderately pleasant experience. I have recieved $8,000 from faculty and $5,000 from the music school. I don't want to go there, but it's a nice backup.
I feel the need to add that that next Sunday, the president at Carson newman not only requested for me to sing the solo at church, but he literally got on his knees in front of the whole congregation and said he wanted me at his school. Everyone said they've evr seen that happen before...ever. Anyways...
UT: 8:00 registration, awkward schedule, embarrassing traumatizing violin audition, warm up personally with my voice teacher aka one of the faculty, fell in love with the faculty, per 'la Gloria and last rose of summer, left with boost of confidence and knowing which school I wanted to go to. I have been accepted to the scool, but haven't heard from the music school yet.
Phew. So crazy! In between that, I have been icesksting with my small group, skiing with the dorm, sInging the national anthem for a bunch of basketball games, and wonderful times with my dear friends. I really am going to miss king's when I graduate.....in seven weeks!
So guess what I'm doing tomorrow? At 5 am I will be boarding a plane to flaunt a, only to hop on another plane and head to Guatemala!!! I really can't believe that this tip that i have been looking foward to for a year is finally here. Even though I've been to china, this is my first mission trip. Agh so exciting!!! I better go to bed now.
Next time I blog hopefully I will know where I am going to college, among other things. My life is so crazy.....I wouldn't trade it for the worl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment