Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 1 of the "Cold War"

Phooey. I have a cold. I woke up two days ago with a really dry throat, and knew the worst was about to begin. Both of my parents have been sick this month, and I was SO confident that I would not get sick! But alas, I spoke too soon. Today is what I would call my first day of my, 'cold' war. Get it? COLD, war? hehe I know. It's sad. haha Here's what I've done so far to defend myself against this lovely virus, or whatever it is, in my head:

Woke up at 5 am(not by choice) and gargled warm water, blew my nose about twenty times, and ate a Hall's Vitamin C drop. Lemon flavored. Then I spent the next half hour trying to fall asleep again.

When I offically awoke at 9 am, I couldn't breathe. Again. And my throat was extremely dry. Which is my worst nightmare, because now I can barely talk, and sing. Fun. Anyways, I ate a blueberry mini bagel, a banana, and a mug of lemon tea. I sat in bed for another two hours, then drank some peppermint tea. Then I took a nice...hot....shower.

I must be crazy, but my one guilty pleasure is a really hot, really long shower. Another crazy thing: I stole my brother's Axe Shower gel and took it for my own, only because it has a ton of menthol, and when you put it on a bath poufe, it opens up your sinuses like nobody's business. And it is this intense shade of blue that I really like. hehe I also use three different shampoos, and a conditioner. Yep. I sound spoiled. But they all work for different reasons, so I kind of have to have them! One is for body, one is for shine, I'm not sure what the other one is for yet, and my conditioner is vital! I guess I wouldn't technically have to have it, but we all have things that we don't need, right? Ok now I'm really blabbing. Anyways, the shower really helped my sinuses, but at this moment I'm stuck with a really dry throat. ehh. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. :P

Oh another thing: my Aunt B.C and Uncle Matt are here from Louisianna! They got in around five yesterday, and I think today we're going to do nothing. I was going to say what we were going to do, but then I realized that we really aren't doing anything today, so that's why I put in that awkward sentence. I think tonight is my brother's basketball tournament, so we probably will go watch him do that. As for the other twelvish hours in my day, I have no idea what we're doing. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment