Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sundays, and my love for Chuch Choir!

Sundays are great. Sundays are the only day that I will happily wake up at 6:45 and dress up for an 8:00 practice and an 8:30 service. Seriously.
And why do I love doing this so? Because for some crazy reason, singing about God and praising God through music is so much powerful than singing the same classical piece every day. But here's my selfish singer diva take on it. Everyone has a basic knowledge of music education, and for the most part, everyone has a great voice. And we're all adults here, no drama required! It's so refreshing to get to work a group of professional people. And the songs! I love singing the choir special every Sunday!(especially there's usually an amazingly high note that I get to sing.) I've never found it so easy to really get into a song than I have with the choir specials. Which brings me to the important reason of why I love choir. I love praising God! I love every Wednesday, when we're starting our practice, our amazing choir director, Michael Turner, will do a devotion. Last week it was this really long crazy passage about how the priests and townspeople would praise God(trust me, it was very in deph.) But then Michael looked up from reading and looked at us saying, "You know what the meaning of this is? God likes music, and he likes us praising him with music!" It brought tears to my eyes(nothing dramatic) when he said that our voice is the only instrument completely untouched by human hands! As in, those people with really amazing voices, God gave you that voice, he made it especially for you! That's what made me feel special, that God would honor me with the ability to sing, and really well too! So that's kind of my message for the week. haha :)
And now that's where I'm going this morning, church, which I really need to get a move on!
caption for photo: Coronado Springs swimming pool. As in, the resort at DisneyWorld that we stayed at last summer. As in, I'm angry because the choir is staying at a Comfort Inn: outside the park! UGH. Good thing we're staying at the resort for the rest of the week(my family and I), so I don't have to ride home on the bus with everyone else! So yes, I am excited about getting to stay in the Magic Kingdom until 3 a.m because of the Magic hours.....wouldn't you be too? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment